Each year, hundreds of members give freely of their time and expertise to contribute in a range of capacities for the ASA. The association recognises members who volunteer their time as key contributors to every aspect of its activities. It is through volunteers commitment to excellence, positive attitude and willingness to work as part of a team with the ASA Office that the association achieves its goals.
In conjunction with the Annual Conference, the ASA invites volunteers to the Awards of Excellence breakfast to honour their contribution. The association also expresses gratitude on International Volunteers Day. Volunteers also accrue CPD points for meetings and other activities performed in their voluntary capacity.
Education presenters contribute to the professional development of sonographers whilst increasing individual profiles within the imaging community. Presenters gain a strong sense of giving back to the profession:
- As a Travelling Educator, as part of our Travelling Workshop Series, you join a faculty of leading sonographers who have taken skill and knowledge out to the clinics and hospitals in rural and remote regions around Australia and New Zealand since 2003. These interactive, hands-on workshops have provided invaluable experience to thousands since they began. To receive the Expression of Interest information and application form contact Barbara Haseloff at the ASA Office or by calling +61 3 9552 0000.
- asawebinars offer a live and interactive way for members, no matter where they are, to engage in learning opportunities remotely via the internet. A diverse faculty of skilled presenters has been finalised for the 2015 series. Please contact the ASA Office or call +61 3 9552 0000.
- Presenter opportunities are available for our wide network of branches. These provide a great opportunity to travel to a different region or to explore presenting for the first time in a small relaxed education meeting. Please contact Barbara Haseloff at the ASA Office or by calling +61 3 9552 0000.
Peer review Panel
The ASA Editorial Board is seeking sonographers to review manuscripts. Peer reviewers anonymously provide detailed feedback to authors as necessary, with a view to ensuring the final article is of an appropriate standard for publication in the new peer reviewed journal Sonography. Please contact the ASA Office or call +61 3 9552 0000.
Joining a committee is a perfect way to advance professional development and provide expertise and experience to the sonography profession.
Conference or seminar organising committee
- Members interested in planning sonography educational programs, contact the ASA Office or call +61 3 9552 0000.
Branch education meetings are excellent opportunities for professional development, attaining CPD points and networking. As a branch committee member you can build on your knowledge base and exchange ideas in a friendly and supportive environment.
- Members interested in being active on a branch committee in ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA and NZ, contact Barbara Haseloff at the ASA Office or by calling +61 3 9552 0000.
Special Interest Group committees
- Volunteering on a Special Interest Group (SIG) committee is a perfect way to advance your professional development and provide your expertise and experience to the ASA. Members interested in volunteering in this capacity contact the ASA Office or call +61 3 9552 0000.