An easy, real-time, interactive way to learn
At the ASA we recognise the importance of accessible, high quality continuing professional development to ensure you achieve excellence in sonography practice. By adding to the CPD opportunities on offer, the ASA is providing another solution to enable members to meet the challenges of maintaining best practice and achieving their mandatory CPD requirements.
The asawebinars are specifically designed to address the educational needs of sonographers, and offer you an easy, real-time, interactive way to learn.
Live asawebinar dates for your diary
To access live asawebinars
Visit the ASA calendar and register online. You will need your ASA login, and your registration will be acknowledged via email. On the day of the live asawebinar, you will receive email instructions on how to connect using your unique identifier.
Access to some recorded asawebinars is available subject to the consent of the presenter via the asawebinar library.
Minimum technical requirements
- Desktop or laptop computer with internet connection and speakers.
- A recent version of a web browser e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari.
- Adobe Flash, the same technology as in YouTube videos. Download the latest version
- To view on an iPad or Android device you will need to download Puffin Browser. The Puffin Browser is available to download.
About your CPD points
- Due to the interactive nature of live asawebinars, the ASAR has approved attendance as a Category 1 activity (i.e. attendance). This means there is no cap on the number of points you can earn each triennium via asawebinars.
- You will receive an email within 4 business days following the asawebinar to declare your attendance. Once this has been done you will automatically receive a CPD certificate and your CPD points will be logged if you are in our PD-asa program. Please note that the ASA will randomly audit attendees to confirm the live asawebinar has been viewed to completion.