As the peak body and leading voice for sonographers, the ASA's purpose is to 'guide the advancement of our profession to ensure the community has access to quality sonographic services'.
Our core objectives are to:
- promote and advocate for best practice in medical sonography
- support and disseminate research that contributes to the profession’s body of knowledge
- position the profession as the experts in medical sonography
- provide and influence quality academic and clinical education
- deliver innovative resources and opportunities to foster quality practice and enhance the professional success of our members.